Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peppermint Bark

Must be the season to make candy! Last week I needed 2 desserts for various church functions and for one it had to be either green or red. I made peppermint bark 2 years ago and thought it turned out pretty good so I made it again. My friend Erika gave me 3 bottles of green food coloring so I knew what color I was going to make it.

Peppermint Bark

Ingredients
  • 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 12 ounce bag of white chocolate chips
  • 2 tsp peppermint extract
  • 3 candy canes
  • green food coloring (optional)
-Place contents of 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips into a bowl and into the microwave for 90 seconds (check & stir every 30 seconds)
-Once chocolate is melted, stir in 1 tsp of peppermint extract
-Spread out onto aluminum foil lined cookie sheet
-Place in fridge and let it set up for about 10 minutes
-After 10 minutes in the fridge, start the second half:
-Crush up 3 candy canes
-Place contents of 12 ounce bag of white chocolate chips into a clean bowl and into the microwave for 90 seconds (check & stir every 30 seconds)
-Once white chocolate is melted, place candy canes and 1 tsp of peppermint extract into the chocolate.
-You can add food coloring of your choice if you please
-Spread white chocolate over the semi-sweet and leave it in the fridge for an hour until it sets

I left it in the fridge over night and the next morning I flipped it over onto the cookie sheet and smashed the semi-sweet side with a cup to break it up. People seemed to enjoy it. :-)

1 comment: