Wednesday, February 24, 2010

White Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownies (Can we say sugar coma?)

A friend of mine was moving back home to Utah after being laid off and I learned his favorite cookies are Oreos. Sure, I could have just bought a bag of Oreos and left them at his door, but wouldn't you rather get a plate of homemade White Chocolate Chip Oreo brownies instead? I thought so.

This recipe is actually a culmination of a few recipes I have looked at. I think it is safe to say it is a Carrie Original! One recipe called for too much sugar and too many eggs, and another friend told me that he uses half white and half brown sugar in his brownies and they always taste amazing. (He also adds almond extract but this will have to be a different blog.)

I had a leftover bag of white chocolate chips in the pantry since making the peppermint bark back in December, and they stare back at me every time I go into the pantry, asking me to use them. Hence the use of white chocolate chips in the brownies.

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 cup butter
* 3 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup cocoa powder
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup mini-white chocolate chips (or regular chips chopped up)
* 20 crushed Oreo cookies (Leave it a little chunky so you can tell they are Oreos)

Cream sugar, butter and eggs, then add vanilla.
Mix dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt) together then add slowly to wet ingredients. Add chips and cookies at the end.
Pour into a greased 9"x13" pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

First time making this, I used the whole white chocolate chips and they all sunk to the bottom! So it was brownies on a white chocolate crust. It tasted fine, just not what I wanted. Hence the reason for the mini-chips or chopped up regular ones.

After this concoction, Dean told me to lay off on baking sweets for awhile as we have quite a fair amount of sweets that need to be consumed before more is made.

4 comments:

Mo' and Po' said...

I thought that you were told NOT to BAKE SWEETS? LOL
The brownies look too decadent.
The pretzels are a possibility here with just the salt. MMMM.
Love, Mom & Dad

Carrie said...

I made this a week or so ago. It was after these brownies I was told no more. LOL

JJ said...

I think we should attempt a chocolate cake from scratch, but with the recipe my aunt used. I would like to see what it tastes like fresh. Also, I thought the brownies were good. You forgot to mention the other reason we made Oreo cookie brownies...I ate almost all the Oreos! =(

Carrie said...

Get the recipe from your aunt!