Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gift Mason Jars

As some of you may or may not know, I recently became the president of the woman's organization in my congregation. Assignments given at church are not things one volunteers for. My bishop asked and I said yes.

This past Saturday we had an activity where women from the ward (congregation) could make gifts for the holidays. One of my counselors (I have two and a secretary) came up with the idea of putting together dry mixes into wide-mouth quart size mason jars. (That is her below. I don't think she wanted her picture taken. Oops!)

We had the option of packing a muffin, cookie or a soup mix. Contents needed to be packed down well or they would not all fit! There was quite the mess to clean up afterwards, but we all had fun.

Here are 4 finished products. Aren't they cute? Instructions are attached to the jars for the recipient to follow. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to keep mine or give it away. :-)

No comments: